Episode 047 – The Law of Attraction, SMART Goals and Other Business Practices Questioned, with John Vespasian
John Vespasian is the author of eight books about rational living, including “When Everything Fails, Try This” (2009), “Rationality Is the Way to Happiness” (2009) and “The Philosophy of Builders: How to Build a Great Future with the Pieces from Your Past” (2010).
To break the ice, I asked John, whether he’d rather skip Christmas for a year, or skip your birthday for a year.
He responded, “Skip my birthday for a year. I love to get together with family and friends at Christmas.”
We talked about rational behavior, discussed the SMART goal way of planning, and more.
Some questions I asked John throughout the interview are:
- How do you define rational behaviour?
- Why are you fascinated with rational behaviour?
- What do you think about the five second rule of executing an idea?
- Are you debunking the law of attraction theory and setting SMART goals?
- What’s your inspiration for writing on rational living?
- Rationality is the Way to happiness: What do you your readers to know when they read this book?
- How does the thinking of rational living apply to entrepreneurs?
- What final piece of advice do you have for entrepreneurs and prospective entrepreneurs regarding rational living?
It is important to have a rational approach to your business and life.
Doing things without thinking them through can be very dangerous and detrimental to your finances, health and mental balance.
It is super important to consider the market you are operating in and to try to avoid wishful thinking.