Long ago, I came to the realization that my gifts, talents and abilities were never given to me simply for my benefit alone. Ever since, it became abundantly clear that I must live my life to its fullest potential in a way that others may be uplifted and empowered through me and the actions I take from day to day. I must set my intentions carefully and clearly.
My purpose, ‘life transformation through inspiration’ motivates me to get out of bed every day with a level of exhilaration, expectation and enthusiasm to accomplish that which has been vested in me to do. It warms my heart as I see others who would otherwise be disillusioned, disheartened and disenchanted, living vicariously through my eyes.
It wasn’t long after I started my first business, Patwa Apparel, that I recognized it isn’t an end in itself rather a means to an end. Means, which provide platforms locally, regionally and internationally for me to share my story. The immeasurable value of my story provides fodder for others. I see hope in people’s eyes when I speak; I get a sense that through me, many recognize the power that lies deep within them. That gives me life.
Having released my entrepreneurial spirit to grow wings and soar, I also recognize how unstoppable I am. This great bug bundle of potentiality was never comfortable with remaining in a state of ‘potential’. That potential must be transformed into kinetic energy. But alas! Even as I am unstoppable, so too are you and the community that I serve. That is why I do the things I do such as write book, speak, blog, podcast and plan and execute uplifting events.
All my projects provide for me, a sense of accomplishment and even joy. I’m particularly heartened by The Entrepreneurial You podcast, a podcast for passionate and dedicated Caribbean entrepreneurs seeking inspiration. Each week a global high impact entrepreneur is featured to motivate and inspire our community of peak performers. This allows me to reach the entire world with my message of entrepreneurship and purpose. I’ve been blessed to have had guests such as Dr. Vernet A. Joseph, Malcolm MJ Harris, Dr. Will Moreland and many others who are doing amazing things around the world.
Having had all these amazingly talented guests on the podcast, I had to think of a way to get them back to one event where they can provide even more value to my community. That’s why The Entrepreneurial You Virtual SME Conference and Expo was created.
Over a course of four (4) days, September 25-28, 2017, eighteen (18) world renowned speakers (including digital marketers, coaches, accountants, software developers, copywriters, motivational speakers), will take you through the ins and outs of doing business successfully as we share our expertise with you over these 4 days. Our speakers include John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneurs on Fire, Malcolm MJ Harris of National Care Financial Group and Dr. Vernet A. Joseph of Live to Produce. These are Oprah, CNN, CBS, ABC, Fox News, Huffington Post, etc. featured experts who can’t wait to expose you to their wealth of knowledge to change your game.
Do you have a vision of running a successful business; to do amazing things and do great work? You know that doing this will change your life, you family, and your community. BUT you feel stuck and aren’t sure of the steps to take to have a successful launch and create profits quickly.
Register for The Entrepreneurial You Virtual Conference and Expo by going to henekawatkisporter.com. Experience a wealth of information from the comfort of home, office or wherever there is wifi.
Exhibitors are also encouraged to make contact with the organizers to display their products and services virtually.
This new game changer platform will empower all exhibitors and sponsors to:
• Showcase special promotion and deals or new product announcements through virtual booth (exhibitors)
• Engage with attendees with live chat, Google Hangout, Skype or Web Conferencing
• Capture qualified leads and marketing analytics with download hot lead spreadsheet
• Conduct online breakout room for live chat or on-demand discussion board
• Nurture customer relationship and trigger marketing automation from seamless integration with customer relationship management (CRM) and email marketing campaign.
Contact me at email@example.com or visit henekawatkisporter.com to learn to learn more.
But what does that really mean and how can you attain it? For some people, it is an ideal that seems like mission possible, only for a select few.
Many people, in fact, are unaware that they are deserving of a great life. They believe it is only for persons who were born to specific families, born in certain neighbourhoods or even born with particular hues.
Understanding and believing that you are in the driver’s seat, that you are in control of your happiness and living your best life now is necessary for your success. Knowing the things that you must do to achieve this is even more paramount.
Here are 3 Simple things to help you live that life that you are dreaming of.
- Understand your purpose in order to declutter your life
Mark Twain left us with these words, “the two most important days in a person’s life are the day you are born and the day you find out why”, and equally brilliantly echoed in another way by Myles Munroe, “The greatest tragedy in life is not death but life without a purpose”.
Did you know one of the biggest reasons for your unhappiness is that you take on tasks, opportunities, etc. because you are unsure about who you are and why you are here as on earth. When you know your purpose, you know what you must say yes to and the things you must reject. Begin to take an introspective look at where you are now. If at this point you are still unclear as to why you were created, start asking of yourself and those around you, what is the one thing I can do with my eyes closed? What I am great at? I am most at peace doing _____, and you fill in the blanks.
The word NO is a complete sentence and purpose will give you an appreciation for this and you will begin to experience happiness not someday but NOW. Eliminate the things that don’t serve you so you will have space for your purpose.
- Know the season you’re in
On a bright Saturday morning, I took a detour from my routine of either working on my business, doing house chores or simply lying in bed till some point in the afternoon. I was on my way to a women entrepreneur’s event. As I drove, I wanted to get the red at traffic lights but I prayed not to be at the front of the line when stopped. This was because I wanted to apply my makeup and if I’m at the front of the line it would be a challenge to see when the light changed to green. I wanted to be behind other vehicles so that I could see when they move off.
Then like a ton of bricks it fell heavily on me. Why was I rejecting being at the front of the line? Why did I not want to be in the lead? Why was I comfortable in second place? I had a serendipitous moment. I thought to myself, so many times I, like the many others who are part of the church, keep singing, ‘I’m next in line for my blessing”. Have we stopped to recognize that we are actually at the front of the line? Not only are we at the front of the line but we are at the counter being served. Yet we are singing melodiously, like the Angels in Heaven, “I’m next in line for my blessing”.
To everything under the sun there is a season. You must be alert and be intuitive enough to recognize the season you are in. If you are in a season where you must apply your own mask first before you can help others, take the time to apply your mask. You cannot give from an empty cup. The good Samaritan stopped briefly to help the man in need. Then he quickly moved on, continuing to take care of his business then he went back to continue his Good Samaritan duties.
Recognizing your season will allow you to be happier. If you are in a season that requires that you give attention to your development, you will not feel guilty when you are not able to give assistance to others during that time. Oftentimes it is the guilt that accompanies our NO that is the root of our unhappiness.
- Choose ye this day with whom you spend your time
According to Jim Rohn, “You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most of your time with”.
This principle, based on the law of average, suggests that if you are spending time with a bunch of losers then of course….The converse is also true. Since those closest to us impact us, when we share out time with super successful people, our success odds also increase.
I’m working on a project that it’s safe to say it’s ground-breaking at least in this part of the world. I reached out a someone who is pretty much the Steve Jobs of Apple in their industry. I sent a 90 second video stating the project, my ask and that I will would follow up with additional information.
He responded by first saying that he liked the video and congratulated me on the things I’ve been doing. He then went on to say that what I’m requesting is something that under normal circumstance he would have said no to. However, he loves what I’m creating and he wants to be part of it.
I’ve made it part of my duty to be strategic with the people I allow in my space and spend time with. So now it is not uncommon to have emails from persons like Chris Ducker, Amy Porterfield, John Lee Dumas, etc. – and these are not subscription emails.
I say this to make the point that other people, can affect our moods, attitudes and overall behavior which in turn affect the decisions we make including those having to do with our happiness.
Like Abraham Lincoln said, “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Beginning today, decide to live the life you want by:
- Understand your purpose in order to declutter your life;
- Know the season you’re in;
- Choose ye this day with whom you spend your time
I wish for you nothing less that true happiness as you live your best life now.
What are you doing for your hapiness today? I’d love to hear from you. Comment below.
. I don’t believe animals are able to do that. This is a treasured gift made available to humans.
In our quest for a deeper understanding of life’s meaning, and to get clarity, over time we develop our self-identities. With this search, the age-old questions of ‘who am I?’ and ‘why am I here?’ top the chart of ‘frequently ask questions’ that can be found anywhere. This cannot be avoided. You see, we weren’t randomly placed on this earth to make up numbers. Much like a piece in a zig-saw puzzle, each of us forms part of a bigger picture of this thing called life. We were meant to play specific roles. I can’t fill your shoe neither can you fill mine.
Since this is true, we must continue our quest to identify what that purpose is. What is that great work that causes your soul to stir? What is the thing that drives you to rise and shine in the mornings? What is the last thing you think about before your go to bed? What is that problem you can’t wait to solve in the mornings?
The answers will be different for everyone but one thing remains constant – it gives us life.
I have narrowed my purpose down to this – “life transformation through inspiration’. The reason I get up every day and do what I do i.e. podcasting, writing, speaking, entrepreneurship, is that I get a platform where I can inspire others to action through my story. Many people live vicariously through my eyes. Now everything I’ve ever been through in life makes sense. The depression, abuse, pain, neglect, rejection…it’s all abundantly clear, why. My life is a story of transformation, hope and triumph. And I love it.
Are you living on purpose? Here are some ways in which you can be sure.
- It is true that if you love what you do, you will never have to work a day in your life. When you truly love what you are doing you will be excited about doing it. The result is an obsession that is almost inexplicable and you enjoy every moment of it. This gives you joy and a true sense of reason for living. In the moments that you feel like you want to stay in bed and simply let time pass by, there is a constant reminder of the reasons not to and your energy comes from that.
- There are times others may be trying to get your attention but you are so focused it appears that there is no one around. You are always focused when doing what you love. You do not allow yourself to get distracted. ‘Random’ social events will not appeal to you much, as your gaze is affixed on your prize.
- You have a strong underlying belief that you are doing what you were created for. You may have tried several things before and soon found that your interest in them disappeared as quickly as they came.
- You keep a clear vision all the time of where you want to reach irrespective of any ‘failure’ that may happen along the way.
- Even with a clear vision, there are times you are not quite sure of what to do. As chapters unfold and phases roll out and define themselves, you stay open to guidance from professionals, books, CDs, the internet or whatever resource is available to you. Although it is your purpose, you will never be able to accomplish it alone. Forging strategic alliances with the right people and organizations and having the right tools, is a sure way to get ahead.
- You keep going when the going gets tough; in those times when things don’t seem to be going right. The odds all appear to be stacked up against you; yet you refuse to give up because you know that anything that is worth fighting for usually comes with challenges
- You surprise even yourself at your persistence and drive to press on. Challenges are inevitable; it is how you deal with them that will determine whether you are doing what you were called to do. Despite the challenges, hurdles, trials, tribulations and frustrations, you look in retrospect with delight knowing that you have totally enjoyed the experience anyway and have no regrets. The mistakes were merely lessons to learn from. You say to yourself, these mistakes only meant that you tried something new.
- Sometimes you find that many of the opportunities that are aligned to your purpose just seem to fall into place easily and things appear to ‘just happen’. The telephone calls, emails, connections and people just seem to appear serendipitously to give guidance and assistance; things that seem to happen out of the apparent blue. The truth is, nothing happens by chance.
I’d love to hear about your purpose. Leave a comment below.