Episode 049 – Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization with the Coolest Guy in SEO, Kris Reid
Kris Reid started out as a software engineer and worked for a variety of companies before he took a break from the corporate world to backpack and find his passion. Ardor SEO is the ultimate multi-national backlink building company that helps businesses achieve success in their respective niches by using the most innovative methods of marketing online, including search engine optimisation, search engine ranking and link building.
To break the ice, I asked Kris, “If you were running for office what would your campaign slogan be?”
He responded, “My digital marketing name is the coolest guy in SEO so I’d go with the coolest guy in government.”
We went on to demystify the matter of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Some questions I asked Kris throughout the interview are:
- Your journey from being an Engineer to working in SEO
- What is SEO, Search Engine Marketing (SEM)?
- Which is better, SEO or SEM?
- The fundamentals of how Google works re algorithm, etc.?
- Keywords and link building strategies
- What is a backlink and the importance of it?
- How do we build a strategy to add great content to our website?
- Best practices to optimize our website
A back link is a page link from one website to another. The more you have them from good quality websites, the better.
Every website should use Google Analytics so you can see what people are doing on your website, where they are bouncing, etc. It is FREE.
Every time you put out content you need to ask, what is the point of it. You should have a strong call to action that links in to what your objective.